Let Us Help You Create the Bathroom Remodel of Your Dreams
Bathroom remodeling includes more than just updating fixtures and finishes. It is an opportunity to create a completely new look and feel that reflects your personal style. Whether you’re looking to upgrade your shower, create a spa-like oasis with luxurious soaking tubs or simply add some storage and lighting options, a bathroom remodel can transform your space into the bathroom of your dreams.
When planning a bathroom remodel, it’s important to consider all areas of the room, including:
- Shower and bathtub
- Storage options
- Wall coverings and paint colors
Above all, it’s important to keep in mind the size and shape of your bathroom when selecting fixtures, finishes, and design elements. Our bathroom remodeling contractors help you do all that while sticking to your budget.
Plus, we’ll adhere to your exact specifications. We work with a team of experienced professionals who have the skill and knowledge to ensure your project is done right the first time. Get in touch with us today.
Get in Touch with Us
We’re excited to hear from you about your bathroom remodeling needs. No bathroom remodel in Milford is too big or too small for our experienced team!
We’ll Guide You Through the Bathroom Remodeling Experience in Milford
A bathroom remodel can be an intimidating process, but it’s also a very rewarding one. You’ll want to plan thoroughly in advance, as bathroom remodels involve a great deal of plumbing, wiring, and carpentry work.
Before you begin your remodel, you should consider what materials you want. Here are some common options:
- Tiles: come in a variety of materials and styles, so you can create an individualized look for your bathroom. Ceramic and porcelain are the most popular choices, but there are also other materials like stone, glass, and metal.
- Fixtures: Fixtures like sinks, tubs, and showers come in a range of styles. From traditional clawfoot tubs to more modern designs, you can choose the style that fits your bathroom.
- Countertops: Countertops serve both a decorative and functional purpose in the bathroom. Depending on your budget, you can find options in materials like granite, marble, and quartz.
- Flooring: The bathroom floor is just as important as the other elements, so you’ll want to choose a durable and attractive material. Common options include vinyl, tile, wood, and laminate.
- Lighting: Bathroom lighting is essential for both safety and aesthetics. You can choose from recessed lighting, vanity lamps, or even various styles of wall sconces.
- Furniture: If you want to add a vanity or other furniture pieces, make sure they are water-resistant. Many bathroom items come with a special finish to protect them from moisture.
Master Bathroom Remodel
If you’re planning to remodel your entire master bathroom, there are several additional considerations. Make sure you have enough space to accommodate a larger bathtub and two sinks if desired.
If you plan to install a shower, consider the amount of space needed for a larger walk-in shower and determine a location. Additionally, select the type of shower head you would like to install, such as rainfall, hand-held, or combination.
When it comes to the vanity, determine the style and size that fits your needs. Select a countertop material such as granite or marble, set aside space for storage, and determine the layout for your space.
Bathroom Tile Work
Tile work is an integral part of a bathroom renovation. You can choose from a variety of materials, colors, and styles to create the perfect look for your bathroom. Tile can be used on floors, walls, and showers and can range from plain to ornate.
Here are some tile materials to use:
- Porcelain: Porcelain is a ceramic material that is nonporous and durable, making it perfect for wet areas like shower walls.
- Ceramic: Ceramic tile is a traditional choice for bathrooms because it is easy to clean, doesn’t absorb water, and has a long lifespan.
- Glass: Glass tile is a beautiful option for bathroom walls and can be used to create unique patterns and designs.
- Marble: Marble is a luxurious material that adds beauty to any bathroom. It is more expensive than other tile options and should be sealed regularly.
When it comes to toilet installation, accuracy is of the utmost importance. Even a slight mistake can result in costly repairs and water damage. That’s why it’s important to have a professional handle the installation of your toilet.
You can choose from the following types of toilets:
- One-piece toilet
- Upflush toilet
- Two-piece toilet
- Double Cyclone flushing toilet
- Wall-hung toilet
Nowadays, you can also opt for waterless toilets. These toilets use a composting process to turn human waste into fertilizer.
Once you’ve selected the type of toilet you want to install, a professional can help you with the actual installation process. It usually involves laying down a new wax ring to create an airtight seal between the toilet and the drainpipe.
The professional may also need to adjust the toilet’s mounting bolts and install a new shut-off valve. Finally, they’ll need to check for any leaks or other problems with the plumbing before your new toilet is ready to be used.
Making a Bathroom Accessible for Disabled
It’s quite unfortunate that many bathrooms aren’t suitable for the needs of disabled people. Fortunately, with a few changes, it is possible to make any bathroom accessible for the disabled.
- First, the doorway should be widened to allow for a wheelchair or other mobility device to enter and exit. It can usually be done with a few simple modifications, such as installing lever handle door hardware and removing any obstructions in the doorway.
- Install grab bars for safety. Grab bars provide an extra level of safety and stability when entering or exiting the tub or shower and using the toilet. They should be installed near the tub, toilet, and shower.
- The sink should be designed to accommodate a wheelchair user. It should have enough knee clearance and room for a wheelchair to fit underneath. It should also be designed with lever handles instead of knobs.
- The toilet should have enough space on either side for a wheelchair user to transfer onto the seat. The toilet height should also be adjusted, so it is easier for an individual in a wheelchair to access it.
- Our bathroom remodeling contractors in Milford help make bathrooms more accessible for disabled people. Our experts offer a wide range of services to help make your bathroom safe and functional. Contact us for your bathroom renovation or remodeling today.
Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
Are you planning on making small changes in your bathroom? Or do you want an entire bathroom renovation? In any case, making the right decisions from the start can drastically improve your overall satisfaction with the result. Here are some useful bathroom remodeling ideas to consider:
- Install a rainfall shower head for a spa-like experience every time you take a shower.
- Explore creative storage solutions to declutter your bathroom. Floating shelves, recessed shelving units, and ladder shelves are perfect for storing towels, toiletries, and other items.
- Choose a modern bathroom vanity with ample storage space that can also act as a focal point in your bathroom. Installing a new vanity will give you more counter space, which you can use for displaying plants or decorations.
- If you’re looking for a more dramatic transformation, consider installing tile. For a more unique look, consider glass tiles or mosaics.
- Add some lighting fixtures to brighten up the space. Installing LED lights can help make the space look larger and more inviting.
Give Your Bathroom a Quick Facelift
Is it time for a bathroom remodel? Our bathroom remodeling contractors in Milford are at your service to provide a wide variety of bathroom remodeling services. From replacing fixtures and tiles to adding luxuries like heated floors and spa-style showers, our trusted contractors can help you design and install the customized bathroom of your dreams.
We’ll walk you through every step of the process, from selecting your materials and finishes to designing the layout to completing the final install. Contact us today to get started.